Things I keep getting distracted from:
- Writing about Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Eating Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Making more Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Drinking my coffee when it’s remotely hot.
With a 7 week old baby, there’s a lot of distractions.
Speaking of which – WHERE have the past 7 weeks gone? The year is flying, but with a newborn these past few weeks have seemingly gone by in the blink of an eye. Yes, there have been a few days that seemed never ending, but it seems like before I know it the day is half way gone!
That’s why I’m so reliant on these overnight oats. In the morning when I’m balancing feeding and entertaining the baby, trying to get in a quick shower, cleaning all the bottles and pumping, having my breakfast already made is a huge help. We all know breakfast is the most important meal. Especially because I’m pumping and nursing, it’s not one I can skip!
I’ve also started becoming more conscious of what I’m eating. The first few weeks we had Jack home, I was just making sure everyone was fed (big shout out to my mom and mother-in-law who both helped make this happen!!). Now I’m trying to eat healthier and start focusing on getting my body back.
Healthy foods like oats are a great way to make sure I’m getting enough nutrients, but am also feeling my best.
And let’s be honest, the chocolate doesn’t hurt. 🙂 The cocoa is a great antioxidant, so it’s healthy while satisfying my sweet tooth.
This breakfast takes 3 minutes to put together for the week, so it’s a total no brainer. Make some today for a healthy meal all week!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Raspberries (as many as you want!)
- Mix oats, milk and cocoa in a container with a lid. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add raspberries and enjoy!